10.02.2007

Embracing the Journey

The day after tomorrow I start my opening retreat for Spiritual Direction training. I'm so excited that my tail's about to wag right off my rear.

I feel better about this decision than I have about any other discernment-type action that I've made in a long while. (No, I still haven't written my Ember letter.) My experience with the people involved in this organization (and with the assigned readings!) is that there's a strong belief both in disciplined personal practice, but also in freedom within that discipline. I feel like a parched plant in rain.

10 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! The program looks good. I'll be very interested to hear about it, because I'm in the Shalem Progam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So pleased for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray! I was wondering if and when you were going to start.

    Many blessings on the retreat day and the whole enchilada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:52 PM

    I can't wait to hear more! Brainstorm ideas for us "prayer life? what prayer life?" unfortunates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Mrs. M! Wagging right along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy for you.

    I admire you, and I hope I am not being forward for asking you to share your quest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great, Mrs. M! I'm excited for you and am looking forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins