8.23.2007

A Little Behind Schedule

Mr. M and I will celebrate our 3rd anniversary next month. Sometime before the end of the year, I'm hoping to have our wedding album put together.
Nope, not kidding. We were on a shoestring budget when we got married, and a dear friend offered to do our pictures. Bless his sweet heart, it was incredibly thoughtful and loving of him. They were not, however, your typical wedding pictures. He takes pictures for a smalltown newspaper, and shmoopie wedding stuff is not familiar to him. SO...

When I found that my mom had taken at least 5 rolls of film that weekend (I think that's a very conservative estimate), I was afraid to hope they might be what I was looking for. She took some really good stuff. I think maybe there's something to be said for having a photographer who's really close to you: they know just what to look for during the weekend. So, now I'm scanning her pics, and uploading them to shutterfly. I'm a little skeptical about the quality of the scanner I'm using, so I'm going to order a couple of prints before I haul off and order hundreds. AND THEN, finally, we will put together the beautiful embossed album that Mr. M's friend gave us as an engagement present. Hallelujah.

One of a zillion reasons to love my Mama. One of a zillion of the ways she loves me.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:48 AM

    I second that wholeheartedly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (still blushing)

    Thanks, guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, aren't you beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins