I emailed the seminary this morning, let them know that I needed to withdraw my application. I probably should have waited to do it, because my rector wants us to get together with the head of the COM and go over all of the numbers... but I'm out of town this weekend, haven't heard from my rector all week, and he goes on vacation and then sabbatical in 3 weeks. Sometimes, you have to do the reasonable thing, even if everyone hasn't totally signed off on it. (For that matter, we're now on 28 business days and counting that I haven't gotten official word of postulancy.)
So, I've started to put the numbers together, because even though I've withdrawn, it's a good idea to back it up. Now I think I'm going to start working on study proposals, so that I can go into that meeting (if we ever have it) with some reasonable ideas. Extended CPE locally, so that I can still work. A few spiritual direction workshops. Maybe an evening class at the local sem.
Five Minute Friday: More
6 hours ago