We've been thinking about moving for a very long time, and on Sunday (our 7th anniversary), we signed a new lease.
We'll be saying goodbye to:
- Our first home together.
- ...where we've had many delightful guests.
- The neighborhood route we've been running together for years (where Dave started running!).
- Kind, helpful neighbors.
- An excellent pizza place just 4 doors down.
- A tiny comic book store with a charming proprietor.
- The library down the street where Dave has volunteered for ages.
- A very spacious home.
- An avocado green refrigerator, (That's one goodbye we're happy about!)
- A creek next to our building that has ducklings every year.
- Our heron friend at the nearby pond.
- A lot of stuff (the new place is tiny).
- Our favorite fishmonger.
- Old friends just blocks away.
- A bustling downtown with galleries, shops, and restaurants.
- A CLEAN, SAFE apartment with a great landlord.
- A slightly dodgy neighborhood.
- A tiny, cozy space, where we'll try to think carefully about what our living space really means to us.
- A very short commute for me.
- A chance to offer hospitality to my fellow students.
- A new train commute for Dave (sometimes).
- New neighbors.
For all of us in the midst of upheaval and transition, Lord have mercy.
How about you? Are you in a transition I can pray for with you? Is there anything else I can be praying about in your life?