8.17.2007

Friday Five: Word Association

Reverendmother gives us this lovely, simple word association Friday Five.

This one is patterned off an old Friday Five written by Songbird, our Friday Five Creator Emerita:

Below you will find five words. Tell us the first thing you think of on reading each one. Your response might be simply another word, or it might be a sentence, a poem or a story.

1. vineyard
Mellow, luxurious vacation.

2. root Vegetables-- carrots, potatoes, beets.

3. rescue Baby Jessica. Not sure why that's what occurs to me...

4. perseverance College graduation. That required more perseverance than anything I've ever done. (Not your typical college experience, there were some major setbacks involved.)

5. divided Unfortunately, both family and church sprang to mind for this one. People who ought to support and love one another, but who won't/can't/don't.

(Each of these appears in one of the readings from this Sunday's lectionary.)

PS-- Do you realize I look forward to the Friday Five all week? It's wonderful to have a reason to cycle through your blogs.

14 comments:

  1. mellow, luxurious vacation - sign me up.

    glad you perservered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with will smama, sign me up!Baby Jessica, interesting. She is in college herself now I think. Good play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too look forward to the Friday Five...and seeing all the varied responses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm totally with your on your PS--very interesting play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved West Wing, miss it! (Oh, I digress)....

    good play. Baby Jessica is indeed an interesting response...? I think she was going through that stuff when my daughter was born, it was so hard to "watch" and wonder about the "right" thing to do..even my opinions varied from point to point...

    and, divided family. church. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm. How about some roasted root veggies for dinner? You say you're cooking!? Awesome! I'll be over about 6 with a bottle of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answers.
    Vineyard. Ahhh.
    I need a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what is up with the veggies today? are we craving stew or whaaaat?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be over for dinner, too--how about adding turnips and parsnips? Fun play, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great play .. and Amen to all of what you said, and all the comments .. even tho' I didn't track on the reference to West Wing???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the responses. Good free association! What would the doctor say? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luxurious vacation....sign me up too.

    And roasted root vegetables, yum yum.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I look forward to it too... even though I can't do it this week, too busy..but enjoy reading others, especially yours! divided church-- sadly, I can relate, not now, but in times past.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good play! I enjoy the visits, too, though I usually don't have time enough to hit all of them (ah, one positive point of this insomnia!).

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins