8.31.2007

Friday Five: Brace Yourself, Bridget.

This week, ReverendMother has given us a lovely, albeit slightly depressing Friday Five: Seasons Change.

It's Labor Day weekend here in the United States, also known as Summer's Last Hurrah. So let's say goodbye to summer and hello to the autumn. (People in other climes, feel free to adapt as needed.)

1. Share a highlight from this summer. (If you please, don't just say "our vacation to the Canadian Rockies." Give us a little detail or image. Help us live vicariously through you!)

Every year we go to out local town fair in late August. Funnel cake, animals, the whole small town thing. I love it.



2. Are you glad to see this summer end? Why or why not?

The day I'm glad to see summer end will be the day I'm welcomed to to Big Beach Party in the Sky. After all, we've just found Elk Neck State Park. It's not quite a beach, but it's close, and we didn't even have a chance to go back with inner tubes!

3. Name one or two things you're looking forward to this fall.
Well, our anniversary is in late September, so that's always a nice way to usher me into The Season Where Everything Dies A Vibrant Death, and then onto The Season Where Everything is Dead and Gray. (I'm a spring/summer kinda girl here, one that maybe needs to relocate.)

4. Do you have any special preparations or activities to mark the transition from one season to another? (Cleaning of house, putting away summer clothes, one last trip to the beach) .
I do enjoy swapping out the summer clothes for winter clothes. It's fun to get a whole new (old) wardrobe, and remember old favorites I've forgotten about.

5. I'll know that fall is really here when __________________________________.
I have to wear a jacket, and open-toed shoes start to seem ridiculous.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not big on winter either, but I do enjoy fall... loved all of your photos! We must be close to being neighbors since I'm in the DC area (or is there another Elk Neck park besides one in Maryland???)

    deb
    P.S. LOVE LOVE LOVE the quote from The West Wing! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elk Neck State Park looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE all your pics--your #4 is like mine, kind of fun to wear "new" clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm no fan of winter either, but love fall and spring- if only we could skip winter!!!

    Great play

    ReplyDelete
  5. OSU--Mich--I'm THERE baby!
    A tailgate party sounds way cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweater fans unite...loved the pics of the local fair. I'm currently trying to talk myself out of a ridiculously expensive (but it's on sale!) purse.

    On your earlier post - I'm getting ready to start yoga soon. Can't wait. Have you ever tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's sad when the sandals go away, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I just loved the fair pictures! And the one of the toe ring I was directed to...that is one sweet lil ring. With you on the spring and summer! Great play.

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins