8.10.2007

Friday Five: Stress-Busting Edition

Sally has given us this great Friday Five.

1. First, and before we start busting stress, what causes you the most stress, is it big things or the small stuff?
I am really pretty good about sweating the little stuff. Student loans, hands down, cause me the most stress.

2. Exercise or chocolate for stress busting ( or maybe something else)?
Neither exercise nor stress (though I find that if I'm exercising regularly, I stay a lot calmer). Prayer for stress-busting. Also, singing-- badly and loudly, of course, and usually in the car. Doesn't work for Student Loan Stress, but works great for scary traffic or after/before tense meetings.

3.What is your favourite music to chill out to?
For deeply peaceful music, I love Renee Fleming.

4. Where do you go to chill?
Outside, to a place where there is water. Preferably an ocean, but I'm going to have to get back out of a landlocked state for that to be a regular thing again. (I've come to the conclusion that if you grow up near oceans, you just can't convert to being an inlander.)

5. Extrovert or introvert, do you relax at a party, or do you prefer a solitary walk?
Extrovert, but for me that means that I'm very attentive to the people around me, and I really do need alone time to decompress.

Bonus- share your favourite stress busting tip!
Joan Jett, volume all the way up, and me singing into my wooden-spoon-microphone in the kitchen. Oh-- and the croquet mallet mounted on my wall reminds me that I'm tough when I need to be.

15 comments:

  1. Student Loans...I hear you!!! I have not heard of Renee Fleming, I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Croquet mallet, hee hee. I have a baseball bat for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well played. And I've come to the conclusion that if one grew up near the fresh water lakes, then the longing for those beautiful waters grows with each passing year. I traveled a fair distance to see a "lake" in my state. Looked like a pond to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous play! i think i'm ready to sing along to some joan jett myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joan Jett and Renee Fleming... hmmm... like that combo! I think that hanging a "swinging implement" on the wall might not be bad. I have an old hockey stick that might just do the trick...

    :)
    d

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely love the croquet mallet thing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so agree about water, and you're probably correct about primal and baptismal origins and about wherever we spent our early years remaining with us. Great play, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Joan Jett and a croquet mallet, in my house that might prove dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, how I WISH my student loans were a "small thing." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I love rock n' roll, put another dime in the jukebox, baby!"

    You know, I went to big-time national chain pizza restaurant the other night, and they have a jukebox. But it was TWO SONGS FOR A DOLLAR! Crikey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ".... I saw him standing there by the record machine..." sing along now... yea how does Joan do it? her hair is always a bed-head version & she can wear leather and look good. Anyhoo...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Renee Fleming ANd Joan Jett - that IS an interesting combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've mentioned your croquet mallet to me before, but I didn't know that it was mounted to your wall! There's a story about that mallet, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the image of the wooden spoon microphone in the kitchen! Go!
    Great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The croquet mallet is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins