10.07.2009

Prayer Request Wednesday: Weary Traveller Edition

Tomorrow, Mr. M and I take off for a long weekend in Ohio. Our plans have shuffled around some, and it's going to be more hectic and more productive than we originally thought.

I'm noticing a trend in prayer requests lately-- both of those received here, and ones I'm hearing in other places (including in our house). There's a lot of, "What's Next?" And so, I'd like to share a tiny piece of Rumi, as translated in Daniel Ladinsky's Love Letters From God:

WHERE AM I GOING?
Where am I going on this glorious journey?
To your house, of
course.

And so, as we pack for our trip, I'm going to try to notice God's hospitality all along the way. I'd love for that to be your prayer for us.

And for you? How can I be holding you in the light of God this week?

1 comment:

  1. praying for you! Travelling mercies.

    I'm facing the prospect of a lot of company...very daunting for this extreme introvert! Please pray for my peace.

    hugs! MB

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins