9.30.2009

Prayer Request Wednesday!

Lovely little slips of paper, with prayer requests typed (yes, typewriter-typed! Ancient clickety-clack!) are fluttering on my corkboard. Everybody who's asked is still up there, as we are all dealing with some ongoing stuff.

I wish I could explain how much I'm enjoying praying for each of you. A psalm from morning prayer last week really stood out to me-- one about being the apple of God's eye, sheltered under God's wing. Ever since, I've been thinking of you as the apple of God's eye. So much joy here.

To reiterate:
I'll pray for your messy lives, and if you're so inclined, you'll pray for mine:
  • Dave's job-- we're seeing some really positive signs, but we're still waiting!
  • I'm in a weird limbo right now (see request #1), and if I take it day-by-day I feel good about where I am, but sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed by it. Peace in the uncertainty would be wonderful.

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. yes, job search limbo. your mind races forward and starts planning a life that includes the potential job while still trying to focus on your present moments.

    a distasteful rejection came into our lives yesterday... we are both full of anger and sadness

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins