10.16.2009

SHOE Friday Five!!!! How exciting!

WAGWAGWAGWAGWAGWAGWAGWAGWAG!

Jan has just posted a SHOE Friday Five!!! I just know I won't be able to limit myself to one answer on these puppies! I generally dress very simply, preferring classic clothes that will still look nice in ten years. As a result, I go wild with shoes!

Too often the Friday Fives I offer up seem extremely introspective, so here's something that could be fun. I notice as I finish my sixth decade that my taste in footwear is much different than when I was younger, as comfort wins out over fashion. So look at your feet and think about what you put on them!

1. What is your favorite footwear at this time in your life?
Oy. I can narrow it down to my trusty old cowboy boots. Or, to my very high-heeled navy suede peep-toe Mary Janes. Or maybe my red plaid Mary Janes with the kitten heel. Or anything with an ankle strap that I can dance in. Or these fun pumps. Or the brown or black knee-high boots. Or maybe just my running shoes?

2. What was the craziest shoe, boot, or sandal you ever wore?
See, this is one of those questions that doesn't have one answer. Was it the red patent leather high-heeled sandals? Was it the silver sandals with the clear high heels that I painted with irridescent glitter? Was it the 4-inch white Mary Janes? There's no way to know.

3. What kind of shoes did you wear in your childhood?
I very clearly remember a pair of tri-colored Reebok high-tops-- yellow, pink and baby blue. Those were great.

4. How do you feel most comfortable? Barefoot, flip-flops, boots, or what?
Barefoot. Even in February. I like a little freedom.

5. What kind of socks do you like, if any?
NO SOCKS unless it's absolutely necessary (boots, sneakers). They're like shackles for your toes. It blows my mind that people can sleep in socks. Actually, it also blows my mind that people can sleep with the flat sheet tucked in.

Bonus: Anything you want to share about feet or footwear.
I've just discovered Sula paint-and-peel polish, and this is PERFECT for my tootsies, because I have the very bad habit of leaving polish on my toes too long, and then my nails get stained, which is disgusting. The colors are fun, and it's actually pretty fun to peel off, too.

5 comments:

  1. Your excitement and enjoyment of shoes definitely comes through! It was such fun to read about your shoes. I envy your ability to wear such beautiful high heels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't sleep without the flat sheet tucked in! But sometimes I poke my toes out... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am surprised that the responses seem as short as they are! I really thought you would have had more to say. I agree with the cowboy boots, you really seem to be enjoying those lately. What about those pink glittery Chucks you had?

    Despite what you may think, I do love to go shoe shopping with you. Watching your face as you see the all the different shoes is a lot of fun for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have cold feet. I often sleep in socks and the sheet tucked in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could wear the kind of fun shoes that are around :). my feet hurt

    but, I loved your recommendation of the peel-off polish. I love polishing toe-nails, and have exactly the same problem.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins