1.15.2010

Friday Five: IF

Jan gives us this fun Friday Five:

1. If you were a color, what would you be?
I would not be one color, I would be little POLKA DOTS! I love them. Multicolored or black and white, they're darling. They're happy, but they can still be sophisticated.

2. If you were a flower (or plant), what would you be?
I would be a succulent. I'm adaptable, but I really prefer heat.

3. If you were an animal, what kind would you be?
When I read this, all I could think of was a kitty belly in the sunshine, so I guess that would be my answer. Also, sometimes (rarely, rarely) I wake Mr. M in the middle of the night because I want cake. Have you lived with cats? They do this, too.

4. If you were a shoe, what type would you be?
I would be a high-heeled sandal. That is, if I couldn't just be a bare foot.

5. If you were a typeface, which font would you be?
Courier, I think. I have a lovely old Remington Rand typewriter that I like to use to leave little notes to myself on a corkboard. I love the look of typewritten words.

Bonus: Anything connected with metaphors that you'd like to contribute.
Well, I couldn't stop thinking about Roger Whittaker's song, If, as I played this week. Here it is:

3 comments:

  1. I love high heeled sandals...and polka dots...so, fun. glad you played.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polka dots -- great answer!

    Our cat sometimes wakes us in the middle of the night for his version of 'cake'! :)

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins