4.01.2009

National Poetry Month!

I've been thinking a LOT about poetry lately (I blame Charlotte). Ergo, I'm going to go ahead and indulge myself in National Poetry Month (perhaps it'll be a good way to get back in the habit of blogging, too).

I quote this (usually not out loud, actually) often:

Tell all the Truth but tell it slant
Emily Dickinson

Tell all the Truth but tell it slant---
Success in Cirrcuit lies
Too bright for our infirm Delight
The Truth's superb surprise
As Lightening to the Children eased
With explanation kind
The Truth must dazzle gradually
Or every man be blind---

3 comments:

  1. Check out this site
    http://www.tattoohighway.org/18/th18maintoc.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to dig Emily. Before Mosaics, my wife was a poet, she was good, in fact won an NEA grant (I like bragging about her) Published many poems, but never a book. She enjoys making mosaics much more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily is always good.

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins