8.27.2008

We Interupt These Public Service Announcements For Your Regularly Scheduled Broadcasting

I just read something over at Mercenary Presbyter's blog that was so important I had to rush right over here and share.

She says, "If there's one thing I learned from Dr. Rick Carlson at LTSG, it's talk to everyone because you never know what the Holy Spirit might have in mind."

Holy Mackerel!!!

For YEARS! I've felt that chatting things out with other people was a weakness, and what I "should" really be doing when at a crossroads is to shut myself in a room with God. That is helpful and important, but maybe, just maybe... the Holy Spirit has more ways of working that just that.

Marvelous. What a liberating perspective. Now, as I try to find my way at my present crossroads, I can embrace God's work in it a little better. And I can look forward to talking to some wonderful people, instead of being embarrassed by that need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins