9.06.2007

Joni Mitchell Surplus

It's either the gray day, Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides, Now," or a recent unexpected milestone, but I'm feeling pretty wistful. I'm happy with where I am-- really, much more so than I've been in a long time. But there are still lovely could-have-beens that float around, and silvery-gray wisps of where'd-they-go that are making me reach out to people I've loved in other times. Making me think of songs not attributed to Ms. Mitchell.

When from the fold we far shall stray
With souls forever young
We'll ne'er forget our college days
These happy scenes among
And when our steps have feeble grown
Our journey almost done
E'en then with fleeting breath we'll praise
Our dear old Denison.


PS-Your mission, should you choose to accept it: Since I'm planning on some good musical wallowing today, give me suggestions for good gray day remembrance songs.
PPS- Holy @#$%! Has anyone else listened to the lyrics of "Come In From the Cold"?!? That's a whole different kind of brooding!!!! Seriously slinky stuff here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:53 PM

    Aerosmith; Crying. By far one of the best...

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins