6.19.2007

Mrs. M Gets Her Groove Back

That might be overstating the case, but I'm feeling pretty darn good. Getting a little spunk back, a little mischief.

I figured out a couple of weeks ago that it was distinctly possible that a prescription I'd been on was why I'd started having migraines, anxiousness, upset stomach. (I'm embarrassed to tell you it took about 3 years for me to figure it out. Everything was so minor in itself that I didn't bother talking to my doctor about it, and the classic line in my family is, "It's probably stress." Turns out, it's not stress.) I was even blaming Mr. M, because I started the prescription around the same time I got married!

I already feel so much better!

(Also, I think I might have been chatted up by a manager in the bookstore. It's been a long time since something like that has happened, and it was pretty funny.)

Meanwhile, if anyone knows how to find a FAM/NFP class-- preferably not a Catholic one, please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:54 PM

    Mrs. M.:
    I'm glad you're feeling spunky! I hope you're feeling like answering this tag:


    This meme is from John Smulo's blog and it goes like this:

    1. Those tagged will share 5 Things They Dig About Jesus.
    2. Those tagged will tag 5 people.
    3. Those tagged will leave a link to their meme in the comments section of this post so everyone can keep track of what's being posted..

    http://www.johnsmulo.com/5-things-i-dig-about-jesus-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best secular FAM book/website I know is Toni Weschler's Taking Charge of Your Fertility (book) Ovusoft (site/software).

    what Find it here

    I don't know if she has classes and outside of her and Catholic circles unfortunately you can get some very unreliable info on NFP/FAM from otherwise well-informed feminist health sources, due to a combo of ignorance and I suspect hostility to the dogmatic nature of the Catholic stuff. It is best to learn from a teacher and have them to consult and check your charts against but you can use a book or software, just be double careful. And I would really recommend Sympto-thermal (combo of temp and mucus) over Billings (mucus-only) and definitely don't go near calendar rhythm or its modern variants.

    Also you will find when you are ready to conceive this will make it much easier, and give you a far better due date than the doctor's estimate from your LMP....it's a very empowering thing really except for the abstinence and the Catholic message overtones about sex only being for procreation, which the FAM inclusion of barriers during the fertile time helps balance.

    After long experience I would recommend starting with the strictest rules though till you get the hang of it: i.e. start by using the postovulatory infertile time, then add in the preovulatory which is less absolute, and only then considering using barriers during the fertile time which is the riskiest option....

    Okay, probably more than you wanted to know :-)....but in the unlikely event you want to talk more about any of this off blog, or really want a class and can't find one, just email me at laura AT grimes DOT ws.

    Glad you're feeling better anyway...part of my emotional "RC sex rules recovery" was trying the Pill for two months but one month it made me nauseous and one it gave me a yeast infection so it just wasn't meant to be....

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins