9.05.2006

Let go. Then, let go some more.

I read that line yesterday, and really enjoyed it.

I also read a prayer tailored for ENFJs (on the Myers-Briggs): God help me to do only what I can and trust you for the rest. Do you mind putting that in writing?

Anyone get my point?

There's a lot of uncertainty right now, and the overwhelming necessity of LETTING GO is finally hitting how, not a moment too soon. My "summer job" ends this Friday, but I've got a long-term temporary position lined up after that. My internship was supposed to re-start in September... wait... it IS September, and I'm waiting to hear whether I've got the go-ahead from my bishop... who's retiring next month. Scary. Postulancy is feeling dicey because I took a (very wise, in my opinion) time-out. I'm not sure why I'm feeling that way, but it felt likely before, and now...? Things with Mr. M are really coming together, but good grief it's been a rough year for us.

So, I'm trying to let go. And it feels really good when I do. My faith comforts me as much as I let it-- when I let go of worry and illusions of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins