8.28.2006

The Nick of Time

I'm aware this week of how often God meets our needs at exactly the right moment-- sometimes before we're aware of the need.

I mentioned last time (and I may have mentioned before that) that I'm very intentionally trying to learn to take better care of myself, and to let go of the problems of those around me.

I began this effort about a month ago. All of a sudden this month-- KAPOW! someone I've close to has gone round the bend. It's amazing to be learning new skills for how NOT to try to rescue this person. There have certainly been times in the last could of weeks when I've had no idea what to do-- in which case I've just shut my mouth (definitely a new thing for me).

What a huge relief. It's amazing to let go of responsibilities that weren't mine in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. welcome, mrs. m! i'm looking forward to knowing you better!

    be blessed!

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins