2.08.2012

Wednesday Prayers: Expensive

The first week of first semester, we lost our apartment in a flood.  Yesterday (the second week of this semester), Dave (WHO IS FINE, I want you to know, just sore), was the last car to join a 5-car pile-up, and his tiny beloved car was totaled.

If this keeps up, seminary is going to wind up being way more expensive than we bargained for.

Seriously, though-- everyone's OK, but the universe has been pretty much kicking our asses this year, and we'd like some peace.  So, if God can offer either a reprieve, or some peace in the midst of it, that's what we're praying for this week.

How about you?  Getting walloped, or enjoying a tranquil season?  Let me know, and I'll keep you in my prayers, too.

PS-- There's some unbloggable stuff.  Totally unrelated.  But I'm looking for wisdom and guidance and comfort in an area that simply doesn't have any happy, easy answers.  Prayers there would be hugely welcome.

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! Hate to hear this.

    I'm glad he's okay. You will be in my prayers for the bloggables and the un-.

    Things are smoothing out for us...mostly. Ken has ups and downs but they start from a lot higher level than before...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to connect the other night! Prayers continue on both counts...And I would appreciate prayers for protection and guidance and inspiration as I put together the app for a second postdoc I learned of yesterday in double-quick time, including a 1000 word description of the book project and obtaining 3 letters of recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My spouse and I agree--January has been one rollercoaster of a month! And December was rather up and down too. I'm ready for calm seas (to mix my metaphors).

    I'm glad your spouse is OK! I'm always grateful when things that go wrong are fixable with cash infusions, instead of other things that can go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your dude is OK. Hoping life calms a bit for you. enjoy your classes!

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins