12.05.2011

Walking home.

The walk to and from school (across the few blocks that constitute downtown) can be peculiar.

Today, I saw a tree in full bloom. All I could think of was Thomas Gray's Elegy in a Churchyard-- "full many a flower is born to blush unseen, and waste its sweetness on the desert air."

Or, in this case, its sweetness shall be wasted in the wintry air. (Have I mentioned how often poetry's come to mind lately? A good indication that even though there are frustrations, I'm pretty happy.)

Also, a man tried to sell a dress to me. Walked right out of his shop onto the sidewalk to give me his pitch as I walked by. Funny.

And, finally, CHAI-NOG. I really love winter beverages.

That's it. Just stopping by.

xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. A tree in bloom? That seems crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poor, confused tree! (A cherry?)

    I love that you can walk to and from school.

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins