1.02.2009

Giving in to the Meme

This New Year's meme has been floating around out there, and I thought I'd give it a try. It's the first sentence from each month of blogging over the last year. (I was pleasantly surprised to find that the year wasn't as angst-filled as I thought!)

January
Dear Lord, please make my brain faster than my mouth today.

February
I've still got a couple of posts floating in my head, but for the moment I wanted to share this great story from the Washington Post about a young Catholic girl.

March
You know, I could post on something intelligent and edifying.

April
Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass is beautiful to me. God is all over it.

May
Holy heck!! That recipe makes a lot of bread!

June
OK, since I'm tooling around with my layout instead of actually writing posts, I figured I might as well let you know how I'm doing it:

July
I'm reading Robert Prichard's History of the Episcopal Church.

August
I have lived in this very Amish county for 6 years now (wow-- how did that happen?! By far the longest I've lived anywhere...), but I've been very unsure about some of the local food.

September
I've been having frustrating conversations with God lately.

October
Listen, lady: Drilling to resolve an energy crisis is like making crystal meth to solve the nation's drug problems!

November
I can be a huge weenie sometimes.

December
I'm a natural longer and hoper (despite a recent lapse).

3 comments:

  1. It's cool to know that I read each of those posts. I feel I walked a portion of 2008 with you, and I thank you.
    ~Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are skilled with fist line catchability. Make the reader stuck to your writing so they continue on...

    maybe that is why I sit here sending you some words.

    peace.

    happy new years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the emotion and truth you wrote in each sentence. The December one resonates with me.

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins