12.12.2008

Friday Five
I've Got My Eye On You!

Sophia gave us a fun Friday Five this week:

1. What color are your beautiful eyes? Did you inherit them from or pass them on to anyone in your family?
A college buddy once referred to them as "pond-water green." They kind of match my mom's old USMC uniforms, if that's a helpful reference. I don't know how I wound up with them-- mom's are blue, and dad's are brown!

2. What color eyes would you choose if you could change them?
I'm happy with green, but would have liked them to be more emerald than moss!

3. Do you wear glasses or contacts? What kind? Like 'em or hate 'em?
I switch back and forth between the two. It's actually time to get new frames, which I dread a little... it's hard to find a pair I like.

4. Ever had, or contemplated, laser surgery? Happy with the results?
Haven't had it, and am pretty squeamed out by the idea! I love that it works for people, though.

5. Do you like to look people in the eye, or are you more eye-shy?
I definitely look people in the eye, unless I'm really mad. Then, not so much. Fortunately, that's pretty rare.

Bonus question: Share a poem, song, or prayer that relates to eyes and seeing.
The classic, gorgeous cummings poem comes to mind:
i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes
(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday;this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings:and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)
how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any--lifted from the no
of allnothing--human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?
(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

9 comments:

  1. great play, I love the poem....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem, and I love your phrase "squeamed out."

    ReplyDelete
  3. i too enjoyed the poem... mossy green, hmmm full of mystery and depth then!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think green eyes are lovely. And the poem...so fitting. I am adding it to my poem file. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that e.e. cummings poem, thanks. And thanks for the prayers for DH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm...LOVE that poem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:44 PM

    wonderful play! love your gorgeous pics! i also loved your "sqeamed out" (too cute!) and the cummings poem is beautiful. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been feeling grateful for color vision... recently read that those who lose the color aspect of vision find life hard to take in... can you imagine your favored food in shades of gray.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh - you've reminded me:

    (i do not know what it is about you that closes
    and opens; only something in me understands
    the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)
    nobody,not even the rain, has such small hands

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins