11.24.2008

Motion Sickness

In the last week:
- I've really struggled with sadness about leaving my congregation.
- Mr. M has begun to address some big issues with his family.
- I'm starting to realize how mad I am with my diocese. (And at the same time, how relieved I am to discover I wasn't the only one having huge problems with it!)
- My father's son from his first marriage (whom I have never met nor spoken to) introduced himself via email.
- Did I mention my father and I haven't spoken in years?
- A cousin on my father's side got in touch (haven't seen her in over 20 years).

And coming up this week:
- We're still going to the in-laws' house for Thanksgiving.
- Mr. M and I have decided to find a new apartment (probably moving in March).
- On Saturday, I'm having lunch with a friend from college. Really neat guy, but there are reasons to expect it to be awkward.

Life is making me a little queasy. I think the earth's revolutions are causing motion sickness.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, this is a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Mrs. M)))

    It sounds like a "stop the world, I want to get off!" moment. Praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh holy crap. that IS a lot. (((((diana))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peace be with you and Mr. M

    Recently someone reminded me to breathe. I thought they were confused, but took their advice.

    so let me pass it on... take a breath of fresh air every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have time to process some of this stuff. Sounds like life is coming at you full speed. BTW, who is the college friend with whom you get to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...hang on tight...?

    Alas, I do know the feeling. Be well, hun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins