6.14.2006

Wednesdays

I have Wednesdays off this summer. In June, Mr. M and I are having play dates (he had to use his vacation days before July 1).

I've been thinking about how to occupy my Wednesdays for the rest of the summer, and I think I'm going to talk to my friend at the Lancaster Council of Churches. They're an ecumenical group that comes together to offer assistance (food, clothing, shelter) to those in the area.

I'm looking forward to this. I'm hoping that I can keep the Wednesdays off this fall, but at least the end of the summer I'll work with good people doing good things. (Refreshing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins