1.13.2010

Wednesday Prayers: Thanksgiving for the Struggles

I'm feeling grateful for struggle lately. Not because I'm feeling especially scrappy, but because I've begun to recognize that struggle can be a sign of life.
  • When Mr. M and I have the same argument for the billionth time (I'm convinced most couples have one or two of those gems), I realize that we both really want a solution that works better.
  • When my favorite (stressed-out) girlfriend and I lament the loss of our fun selves, I know that playfulness is still in there, fighting to get out.
  • When I'm terrified of where it might lead, I still talk to my spiritual director about vocation, because I truly cannot do otherwise.

So, I'm praying about all of those struggles this week, but I'm also grateful for the hope they show me.

How are you praying this week, and how can I be praying with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins