Songbird (posting from a BUS!) gives us this Friday Five:
1) What was the mode of transit for your last trip?
In December, Mr. M and I drove to North Carolina, and then to Ohio a week later. I know it's not great for my carbon footprint, but there are very few things I love more than the open road. It's fun with someone else, but I especially love solo road trips. For me, the freedom is exhilarating. I have visions of a 1960-something Mustang convertible, and a floppy-eared dog.
2) Have you ever traveled by train?Not yet! But I would really like to. (Here's what I can't get past: it takes longer than driving, and is often more expensive than flying. If it were less expensive than flying, I'd do it in a heartbeat.)
3) Do you live in a place with public transit, and if so, do you use it?I don't now, but I loved the Metro when I lived in D.C. It's still one of my favorite parts of visiting the capital. Also, when we lived in Okinawa (8th grade for me), we didn't live on base, and I took public buses home from school. Oh-- and we used the subways in Frankfort. *sigh* I'm very fond of public transport.
4) What's the most unusual vehicle in which you've ever traveled?
The vehicle itself wasn't unusual, but I once drove cross-country with my mom is a jam-packed Volkswagen Cabriolet. With a cat.
It's the one road trip I have no desire to repeat.
5) What's the next trip you're planning to take?
Ooo, I have lots of them planned, and I'm so excited! After I quit my day job last summer, Mr. M and I realized that this gives me a chance to spend time with all the people I adore (sadly, almost none of whom are local). So, I've been all over the place, but in the next few months, I'll head to a slumber party in New Jersey, a fun race in DC (also Mr. M's birthday), and Dayton, OH for a CONFERENCE!!! (Whoot! Professional development! I am SO EXCITED!!!!!)
Dang, I feel peppy just playing the Friday Five this week.