7.18.2007

Travelling Mercies

Mr. M left this morning to spend a few days at the beach with the Out-Laws. I would have loved to go (and Mr. M is pretty darn distraught about missing out on my new swimsuit).

I'm going to miss him, but I'm a tiny bit looking forward to putzing on my own. We've finally straighted up our spare bedroom, and there's a little white desk just waiting for me to take some letter-writing time. It sits directly under a window (which is, to my mind, the very best place for a desk). I can see lots of trees, our creek, and this time of year-- the ducklings! from that window. I think I'll have a nice peaceful evening tomorrow.

It's funny how, even when you're silent, it's very hard to have the same sort of peace with someone else home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins