10.14.2006

Re-Interning

Technically, I re-started my internship on Oct. 1, but this week it really felt like I kicked into it. It feels really good. The parish is tiny, but warm and openminded. I'm seeing things I'd begun to worry didn't exist in churches-- vunerability and openness, flexibility about the details. It's going to be a lot of work, and I know there are hard parts everywhere, but I feel so comforted by this space.

A beautiful part of my day today was that Mr. M and I went to a church supper. A wonderful older woman spoke to Mr. M, and I thought she told him to take good care of me.

Turns out, she told him they were going to. While it is NOT a congregation's job to take care of their clergy, it's a lovely thing when they care for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins