- Leaving (or not) an academic career for the unknown.
- Losing a job, but committing more deeply to art.
- Defending a dissertation!
- Nurturing a spiritual direction practice in a new place, pastoring and bishop-ing, staying focused while committed and open to what might come.
- Looking ahead to the mystery of ordained ministry.
- Considering a new direction after a beloved institution... becomes a different environment.
- Waiting, and waiting, and waiting... to hear if the Dream Job is going to come through.
- Looking ahead into choppy chunks of time, trying to find a consistent call (and a balance with motherhood!).
These wonderful people on my list-- they're all doing neat things. They're asking good questions, and it's cool to watch.
All freedom seems to require courage initially. If the only way to get rid of fear is to walk straight through it (and I believe that's the case), then surely the path to our own specific call is going to take some bravery.
But take heart, dear ones! The Lord is with us! And, thank heavens, is patient with us-- "For God knows how we were made; God remembers that we are dust." (Ps.103:14)
Did you see yourself in my list? I might be praying for you. If you didn't, leave a note in the comments, and I will!