9.10.2008

In Which Nothing of Any Striking Significance Happens

There's not much to report right now. It may well be the calm before the storm, but it's quiet. We've had rain-then sun-then rain- then sun lately, which I like. I'm a huge fan of rainstorms (they're really comforting, I can't explain this), but I get moody when it's gray too long, so it's been nice.

I'm in discerning overload, but I'm not doing it alone, which is wonderful. I'm wincing a little, because Episcopalians talk a lot about discerning ministry in community, and my experience with the process hasn't been that way at all. Those discerning with me are not people with whom I have relationships at all. Admittedly, in the early stages, I had a parish discernment group,and my vestry recommended me, but at the diocesan level I wouldn't say I've experienced community.

But, as I'm starting to ask broader questions, I'm finding that wonderful people whom I really enjoy are just racing out of the woodwork to be part of discernment. And that is a tremendous gift from God. And very possibly a nudge.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad people are coming out of the woodwork to help you with discernment. and yes, I do believe it is a nudge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nudges are important. It is good that people are coming out of wherever to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so sure I agree with the chapter title m'dear! Good on ya for the content, tho!

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins