5.01.2008

Round Robin

Inspired by (at least) two immensely loveable RevGals (Mindy with her swaps and love of paper, diane with her appreciation of snail mail), I'd like to propose a Round Robin.

My grandfather's family does these, here's how it goes:
One person writes a (short, VERY SHORT) letter, sends it to the next person on the list. Person #2 writes another SHORT letter, adds it to Person #1's letter, and sends it to Person #3. Everyone continues in this manner until the Last Person adds their letter, and the Last Person sends all of it to Person #1, who takes out only their own first letter, and puts a new one in.

As you might imagine, this can take a while to get around, but is quite a lot of fun.

Anyone interested in a little snail mail? I'm thinking we could make a theme for each round (a question, or a recipe), and that would keep it short.

If you're interested, let me know in the comments, and I'll send an email/get things started!

12 comments:

  1. Sounds fun, I'd be interested.

    (tandainaATgmailDOTcom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooo! Goodie! I want to play! I even have a stack of paper printed that says "The Round Robin" from when my aunts used to do just such a thing in the 40's! (It will tell you much about me that I still have it...15 years after the last one of them died.)

    Mrs. M, I think we must be soul mates of some type. :)

    Hey, I responded to your book comment at my place! Thanks for the suggestion, woohoo! I made one for you.

    Cheers! Let me know about the RR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I of course am interested. sounds fascinating! I like the theme idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to de-lurk and actually participate in something for a change - sign me up!

    -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fun. I'll play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to do this, but I need to wait until I'm settled in my new place. Can you include me on a later round?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Count me in! I used to participate in these things back in the days of snail-mail pen-pal clubs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this idea .. sign me up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds great. what now? Do we need to email you with addresses?

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOOhhh I want to, I want to!!!!! It would be do cool to get something besides bills and junkmail!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in--my email's on my profile page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH OH OH!! I want in! Am I to late!

    Dammit I should not have been day dreaming in my own little world!

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins