5.04.2019

TGIF (with love to Brené)

I've been blogging in my head (and missing Mary Beth and Mindy and basically the sisterhood of bloggers), so when Brené Brown revived her "TGIF" habit from her old blogging days, I was in. A nice, mellow return by way of sharing a gratitude practice with one of my favorite women heroes.

T(rusting): I'm trusting that I can do a new (interim) job well, and that my family will find its footing in the chaos of me going back to work.

G(grateful): I'm SO FLIPPING GRATEFUL for the support I've had from generous, trusting bosses.  Cannot tell you how much it means to me to be trusted and backed up. Also, hugely, the friend who's helping with childcare and the many friends who are keeping me from losing my mind.  Oh, and the nurse practitioner who treated me with so much love this week.  And the warming weather. And the husband who gave me a sick day and looked at snails on the trail with the little Biscuit.

I(inspired): I've picked Thérèsa of Lisieux back up lately, because she's been calling to me for the last several weeks.  I learned about her years ago, and felt utterly bored by her "holiness of small things" kind of mysticism. Now, as I'm starting to accept the smallness of my own reach, I'm encouraged by her words.

How about you? What's your TGIF this week?

ETA: F!!! I forgot F(un)! Y'all, that is about exactly the state of things right now.  I am totally forgetting the F.  Um.  I have an ongoing pattern of seeing powerful lady movies with my best friend (remember, per Mindy Kaling, best friend is a tier, not an individual), and I'm wagging about getting a date for The Hustle on our calendars.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, perfect. Thank you. I was just thinking of blogging something and here you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really like this. I blog in my head all the time and have thought about starting over.

    I believe that this job is made for you and every little piece will fall into place.

    I'm grateful for a job I love, pups at my feet and rain.

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins