1.25.2012

Wednesday Prayers: Writers Block

I've got an email backlog that's embarrassing. Worse than the embarrassment is the knowledge that my feeble correspondence isn't an adequate way to care for people dear to me. I'm genuinely ashamed.

I've got blog posts floating in pieces in my head-- hawks and Uriah Heap and preparation and and and et cetera. They're not so much floating, as zipping by like the snitch in Quidditch. I'm a little concerned that if I try to grab one, it'll take my hand off.  Plus, to be honest with you, some of my favorite people in what was once a beloved blogging community aren't writing anymore, and I'm not sure I see a point in writing without that precious conversation.

So, prayers for speech, please, and for liberated words.

How about you? Do you need a loosened tongue or a restrained one this week? Either way, how can I pray for you?

2 comments:

  1. my tongue could sometimes use some patience. I will be patient and wait on some of those circling thoughts to make their way to paper. Take your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweetie, I know the agony of writing block so well. Prayers for sure. I could really use them as I wait on the job apps and try to figure out how to prepare (could be three different job talks and three conference papers this term, but I don't know which if any will come through). And Matt and I face the high school and school board officials tomorrow to try and get them to do the right thing about suicide prevention and a well-intended, emotionally dangerous event for freshmen that pressures kids to bare their souls without appropriate support or followup.

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins