6.15.2011

Wednesday Prayers: Taking Chances

I've got good news: I've gotten into Lancaster Theological Seminary's new Chaplaincy track MDiv. I'm really excited. I'm excited for SO many reasons:

  • The interview/application process was wonderful. I felt at ease, I was able to be myself, and I met people I really enjoyed.
  • I've had a small relationship with the seminary for years, and I love that I'll be able to do something new with people I already trust and respect.
  • I've been murmuring about chaplaincy for years-- ever since I began the Episcopal ordination process. It got shoved in the corner for a while, and started popping back up when I resigned. This God-nudge is not a new thing.
  • It's a brand-new program, and it's so fun for me to be there from the very beginning.
There's more than that-- honestly, there's so much more than that, and even though I've been accepted, somehow I'm afraid that by articulating how great this is, I'll jinx it.

And that's where my prayers are this week. They're half praise, and half petition. Praise for the exciting opportunity, for three years to study what I love and practice it. Petition for my fear and hesitation. I've long said that dating after divorce seems to be one of the most courageous things people can do. In the ongoing relationship analogy of vocation and discernment, I'm about to go steady.

Pray for me, y'all.

3 comments:

  1. You got it, woman. So proud of you and excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How exciting. I can't wait to hear about the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool for you and for them. enjoy the adventure.

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins