3.17.2010

Wednesday Prayers: Enough

I put off this weekly post all day today. Every time I thought about it, I felt stuck: what do I need, what do I have to share?

Until finally: today, I have enough. There are unresolved, unanswered problems. But for today, I'm OK. For today, I can live without knowing the solutions. I have been given my daily bread-- enough to sustain me, for this one day. I can live with where I am.

There are days to plead with God, to remember that God invites those pleas-- "Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone?" (Mt. 7:9). But today, I have already been given enough.

How about you? Is it a time to rest, or a time to reach?

1 comment:

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins