7.29.2008

Mostly for Sarah

Mr. M and I went for a run this evening, after my fantabulous bud Sarah and I chatted about what a pain in the rear it can be to get started back after a break. To make the whole thing more fun, we agreed to take pictures on our outings. Here are a few of mine.

We always start by stretching, usually against a UPS drop-box:


We saw a cat down an alley:

You can't see it (any better than you can see the cat, really) but there's a goose and gosling waddling into the tall grasses.


The town college:
The little gazebo next to the college:

This was four guys holding a mattress on top of their car. Dangerous, maybe, but funny too:

I call these dragon-tooth walls:
These darn "10 Commandments" signs irritate the heck out of me. I'd love to go for a run in the dead of night, and replace them all with Beattitudes signs.

I tend to look like a tomato with hair after a run:

We see this on our cool-down walk home. Mr. M and I think this sign is rather... callipygian. Why doesn't the design firm notice?


And apparently, Mr. M just couldn't resist this:

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up!

    And I think we *should* start a crusade of replacing all the 10 commandment monuments with the Beautitudes...or at least put them side by side.

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins