2.22.2008

Friday Five: Heavenly Stuff


Singing Owl is a marvel of generousity, giving us this warm and lovely FridayFive during an important time for her family.

What is your idea of a heavenly (i.e. wonderful and perfect):
1. Family get-together
This might be a contradiction in terms for me. Or rather, a wonderful and perfect family get-together would be the families that have chosen me, rather than the one I was born into. It would be partly wonderful people who parented and encouraged me while I was growing up, and partly college reunion. There would be laughter and hugs.

2. Song or musical piece
There's a recording of "Let All Mortal Breath Keep Silence" by the King's College Choir that is the closest thing I can think of to heavenly music. The arrangement breaks into stunning chaos at one point, andTHAT is magnificent.


3. Gift
Time. Time is always the best gift. Time and adventures with loved ones.

4. You choose whatever you like-food, pair of shoes, vacation, house, or something else. Just tell us what it is and what a heavenly version of it would be.
Mr. M and I are planning our (very, very belated) honeymoon for this summer. We're figuring out whether our puny budget will stretch all the way to St. Martin. If this comes together, it will indeed be a heavenly vacation.

But wait, I want 2 tries on this question. A heavenly home? I yearn for a little Arts and Crafts bungalow.

5. And for a serious moment, or what would you like your entrance into the next life to be like? What, from your vantage point now, would make Heaven "heavenly?"
I don't think I can get past just wanting a warm welcome on this one.

7 comments:

  1. Love the new look, love the post, and I wrote about an arts and crafts bungalow, too! Peace, and Happy Honeymooning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a warm welcome, and then... whatever comes next is a surprise.

    great...

    I too like the bungalow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bungalow and the warm welcome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time is a good one.
    Nifty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful play! i love your thoughts on a gift of time and adventures with loved ones--terrific!

    blessings and hope you have a wonderful honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must look for the "Let All Mortal Flesh" by King's College. Enjoyed your play. Hope St. Martin's is a go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh St. Martin... i hope God richly blesses you so the budget will stretch further than you thought!

    why i can practically imagine you stretched out in a hammock now...

    ReplyDelete

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins