9.20.2005

Oy

Turns out, as soon as you cast someone as a villian, they do something nice. This obviously goes to show that once someone does something "bad," you should stop talking to them so that you can continue disliking them. (I'm kidding, guys.)

My StepMomInLaw (SMIL) called last night, talked to Mr. M for a while. At one point, she drove past an Episcopal church and noticed something about a rosary service. "Isn't that just a Catholic thing?" Mr. M said he'd ask me, and I'd never heard of it, so I jumped on the Net.

Turns out, there's this whole lovely Anglican form of contemplative prayer that takes the Catholic version and runs with it. It's much more flexible than the Roman. This was a GREAT discovery for me, because one of my few really positive memories of my maternal grandmother is our saying the rosary together. At this point in my life, I'm not interested in saying 25 Hail Marys, and for some reason it never occurred to me that you could play with it a little.

So SMIL saw something unusual, thought of me, and showed interest in it.

Check that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."
-Saint Molly Ivins