- I keep noticing how unsurprising tragedy is to me. Horrifying and heartbreaking, yes. Surprising, no. This is not something I tell patients or their families. It's also something I feel rather alone in.
- I AM surprised by how many things from which people recover.
- I could really use some friend time, but I'm tired and afraid that I'm using all my verbal-filter energy at work. *sigh*
- As someone who's always planning the next thing, I've been surprised and satisfied by how that's not at all the case when I'm with a patient. I'm not sure why this is where I'm able to focus, but it's been wonderful.
- I feel so, so strongly that literature is a precious springboard to ministry. I'm reading Dickens' Hard Times in my spare time. It's not his best, but it's worthwhile.
- Some people's lives seem a lot simpler to me. Not easy, mind you, but simpler. I'm conscious of feeling more on the fringes lately.
That's all for now.